Magor is pleased to announce Aerus Community 2.4, as part of the Aerus Software Delivery Platform (SDP) 2.4 release.
Community is required for Aerus Release 2 on. Magor can provide Community services on the public Internet or can distribute the software to customers for private cloud deployments. Some functionality that was part of settings in the user interface has now been moved to Community. For more information, see the Aerus Community forum.
Features and Improvements Since Release 2.3
Aerus Community was first included in Aerus Release 2.3 as a way to manage the following things:
- user profiles and associated client configuration
- contact lists
- tenants and associated local administrators
- user administration (groups of users with associated contacts, user names and passwords, accounts/extension numbers)
In Release 2.4, provisioning is replaced by Community and we added the following functionality:
- discovery of media switches and tenants/users assignments
- client licensing
- media switch capability for user roaming
- advanced settings for automatic set up of contacts
- enabling/disabling SharePage
Upgrading from Community 2.3 to Community 2.4
Before you upgrade, contact Magor support to get a new license for each tenant. After you upgrade, your first task is to license your tenants. For more information about licensing and Community, see the Aerus Community User Guide.
Supported Computer Hardware
Aerus Community can be deployed on most virtual machine hypervisors. See the article Install Aerus Community.
Compatibility and Dependencies
Upgrade to Community 2.4 before you upgrade clients to Aerus Release 2.4. The Community release must always be the same as or ahead of the client release version. Community 2.4 supports clients with Aerus Release 2.3 and Aerus Release 2.4.
Limitations or Known Issues
Aerus Community can freeze while trying to refresh. To fix, refresh the browser.